The Beaufort Hunt
The Beaufort Hunt was organized in 1929 and received
permission from England's Duke of Beaufort to use the name
Beaufort and a hunt livery of blue with buff trimmings.
In the early days, hunting was primarily confined to the
Linglestown Valley area, but expanded to Londonderry
Township's Middletown area in the late 50's. The current hunt
territory is approximately 30 by 30 miles. Meets are held in
various areas including the kennels in Dauphin County and
other areas in Dauphin, Cumberland, Lancaster, York and
Perry counties. The hunting territory is mostly rolling grasslands
interspersed with woods, post and rail and board fences,
chicken coops and stone walls.
MFH, Sherm Edwards and Ray Conrad prepare their plates.
Whipper-In Barry Gates enjoys the post-hunt tailgate.
Huntsman Betsy Carricato introduces us to a young female red-tail hawk.
Our sidesaddle rider, Sherry Edwards, and her trusty
The group gets ready for a fun day afield.
|The hounds arrive ready to hunt.